Aortic Stenosis: Current landscape and new treatment paradigms
Join this informative Webinar on Wednesday 23rd September 2020 at 6:30pm (AEST) to discuss the current landscape and new treatment paradigms for Aortic Stenosis.
With presenters, Professor Geoff Strange (University of Notre Dame, WA), Dr Adam Zimmet (The Alfred, VIC), Dr Dion Stub (The Alfred, VIC), Professor Danny Liew (Monash University, VIC), and moderated by Professor Silvana Marasco (The Alfred).
On the Agenda:
1) Aortic Stenosis: What do we know? with Professor Geoff Strange.
– The data we have historically relied on for our understanding of the natural history of AS is very old and relies on very small populations
– The target population researched should reflect the population analysed
– Moderate AS is just as bad as severe AS
– There are more patients not being treated than you think!
2) Surgical AVR in the Era of TAVI: Changing Landscapes with Cardiothoracic Surgeon Dr Adam Zimmet.
– Understand newer approaches to sAVR, including access and valve types
– Understand how to maximise the surgeons’ exposure to TAVI
3) Low-risk TAVI, not a question of patient risk but rather patient anatomy with Interventional Cardiologist Dr Dion Stub.
– Impact of x2 seminal low risk trials on TAVI practice.
– In 2020 and beyond who is and who is not appropriate for TAVI.
4) Health economics and funding innovation with Professor Danny Liew.
– Basic health economic evaluation
– Insights into decision making for reimbursement of health technologies